What Are Teeth Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin coverings that adhere to teeth to give them a more classic shape. They can also assist in a range of correcting cosmetic issues such as:
- Chipped or broken teeth.
- Unwanted gaps.
- Misshapen teeth.
Tooth veneers can be made from a variety of materials. Talk to one of our dentists about which one will fit your specific needs.
A porcelain veneer is a thin shell that is custom-made to fit on the tooth.
The benefits of porcelain veneers include the following:
- They are stain-resistant.
- They are strong and long-lasting.
- They match the color of your teeth.
- Less enamel needs to be removed than other methods.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
Our experienced staff knows how crucial a smile can be to someone’s confidence. Here at The Norterra Dentist, we want to help you reach your cosmetic goals and achieve the smile of your dreams.
- Save Time. Tooth veneers can typically be completed in just two office visits!
- Save Money. An easy, affordable option versus other procedures.
- Stop Worrying. Save damaged teeth before further issues arise.
- Enjoy Healthy Teeth. Tooth veneers are relatively easy on the teeth and last a long time.
- Be You! The relief of no longer hiding your smile will be unlike any other.
How Do Porcelain Veneers Work?
Our step-by-step guide will walk you through what to expect from your visit.
- Preparation: To prepare your teeth for the veneers, our dentist will remove a small amount of enamel from the front and sides of the teeth. This allows the veneer to sit naturally flush on the surface. This process is pain-free; most patients report no discomfort whatsoever.
- Impression: The dentist will then make an impression of your teeth to create the veneers. Traditionally, this is done with a paste that you would have to bite down on, but The Norterra Dentist uses state-of-the-art technology which erases this outdated method through the use of an intraoral scanner!
- Creation: While a lab creates your custom veneers, we will adhere a temporary veneer to your teeth. These acrylic placeholders will be fitted on your teeth for about three weeks, providing you with a preview of your new smile. This way, you can tell our dentist if you’d like any further alterations to your appearance.
- Your second visit: At your next visit, the dentist will remove your temporary, acrylic veneers and place your new, custom-made porcelain ones. They will check the overall fit and shape of your porcelain veneers, ensuring they are properly fitted and sealed to your teeth. Bonding is usually done with multiple thin layers for a long-lasting result.
- Finishing touches: Our dentist will then make sure that your bite is well-aligned before polishing your teeth, giving a smooth transition for a beautiful, natural appearance. With proper care, tooth veneers can last for years to come. This easy and convenient method to a better smile will make you wonder why you waited so long!
Am I a Candidate for Teeth Veneers?
If you’re looking for a slight adjustment to the overall appearance of your teeth, dental veneers are a fast, easy option that covers a range of cosmetic issues.
Things to keep in mind:
- Veneers may not be a good choice for those who grind their teeth.
- Enamel does not grow back; the veneer process is irreversible.
- Your mouth must be healthy and clean before you get them.
- Avoid chewing on hard materials such as ice or pencils.
- Porcelain veneers work best on your front teeth.
Call Today With Any Questions You May Have!
If you’re interested in dental veneers, or you already have veneers that need addressing, contact us today and we will see you as soon as possible!
You May Also Be Interested In
This page has been reviewed for medical accuracy by Dr. Roopinder Mann, owner of The Norterra Dentist and graduate of University of Illinois Chicago College of Dentistry