If you want the stunning results of orthodontics without the highly visible wires, come to The Norterra Dentist for a clear braces treatment! They give the same results as traditional metal braces, but they are a discreet and less painful option for getting straight teeth.
Benefits of Clear Braces
SureSmile® aligners are a popular choice among adults who are looking to better align their teeth because they allow patients to:
- Use a removable orthodontic system that works for them, not the other way around.
- Avoid having metal in their mouths which can be sharp and irritating.
- Keep their normal diet without any fuss or limitations.
How Do SureSmile® Clear Braces Work?
This system works by using a series of aligners which puts a small amount of pressure on your teeth, this causes them to slowly move to where they need to be. As the movement continues, you’ll need to switch out trays to keep that pressure until the teeth are aligned successfully. They are a popular choice for braces for adults!
SureSmile® Clear Aligners
The Norterra Dentist uses the SureSmile® clear aligners to meet your goals. They are sometimes referred to as “invisible braces” or “clear braces”, but the results are no magic act! By using a series of discrete, custom-made trays, your teeth will slowly adjust over time to line up to where they ought to be.
What Is the Process?
Our teeth are as unique as a fingerprint, which is why it’s important to have a custom treatment plan that meets your specific needs.
- Scanning The exciting first step to a new and beautiful smile. By using the iTero intraoral digital scanner, our dentist will have a 3D map of your mouth on hand to curate your treatment plan. This method replaces traditional, paste impressions you may remember from childhood.
- Treatment Planning: Our dentist will then submit those scans to a master lab that works with clinical experts to assess your roadmap for straight teeth. Because of advanced computer software and custom impressions, SureSmile® clear aligners give accurate results.
- Your Clear Aligners: Each set of aligners is meant to be worn between one to two weeks before moving on to the next set. The best part is that they may be removed 2–4 hours a day. You can still eat your favorite foods at your convenience! Just pop out your aligners, and voila!
iTero Digital Scanner
This device utilizes advanced technology that does away with old, outdated methods of oral impressions. No more having to sit and bite through paste! The iTero digital scanner creates a 3D rendition of your mouth that is more accurate and detailed. Our dentist will be able to chart your progress with precision so you can be proud of your achievements.
SureSmile vs. Other Teeth Straightening Options
Traditional braces are for moderate to severe cases of misalignment, and while clear brackets are available, they are still glued into your mouth and employ the use of a wire to slowly shift your teeth into alignment.
With SureSmile® clear aligners, you get the innovation of technological advances in medicine. SureSmile® aligners make great braces for adults who may be self-conscious that they need braces. They are a great product for those who need mild to moderate alignment adjustments with the benefit of discretion.
SureSmile® Aligners vs. Other Orthodontics
Metal braces use brackets that are glued onto the teeth and a wire is then threaded through them. This wire is what pulls the teeth into their correct directions, but is best for more moderate to severe cases of misalignment. Both SureSmile and Invisalign invisible braces use clear dental trays to do the straightening instead.
What’s the difference between SureSmile® Treatment and Invisalign Clear Aligners?
Both of these aligners are clear, removable, and more comfortable than metal braces. They have many similarities. If you’ve been thinking about getting Invisalign aligners, SureSmile will work well for you—it might even be better!
With SureSmile® patented software, digital imaging, and processing, you can have aligners that are superior to Invisalign trays because they are made of comfy, yet durable Essix ACE® Plastic.
Are Clear Braces Right for Me?
You could be a great fit for clear braces because these aligners are ideal braces for adults. Correcting misaligned teeth isn’t just for show, there are a range of benefits that go hand in hand with your straight teeth, especially if you have dental issues that need fixing.
Misaligned teeth are more prone to:
- Tooth chipping or overall damage.
- Difficulty eating or speaking.
- Tooth decay and loss.
- Worn down enamel.
The benefits of corrected teeth:
- Lessened risk of cavities.
- Prevention of gum disease.
- Improved security and confidence.
- A healthier, more radiant smile!
Apply these benefits to your smile when you use SureSmile® clear braces!
Discuss Your Treatment Options by Calling Us Today!
There’s no need to be shy about your smile. Our team of experienced professionals will walk you through your options so that you can make the best decision that fits your specific goals and budget. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
You May Also Be Interested In
This page has been reviewed for medical accuracy by Dr. Roopinder Mann, owner of The Norterra Dentist and graduate of University of Illinois Chicago College of Dentistry